March 31, 2006
The Kalama (Washington state) Telephone Company is locally owned and operated in Cowlitz Co., WA.
I believe the founder of this company was Green Monroe Coffey, son of Thomas C. and Luciller Jane Baker Coffey. Green was born Sep. 8, 1855 in (perhaps in OR), and married Eva Jane Bilyeu on July 9, 1890 in Scio, Linn Co., OR. He died Oct. 11, 1924 and is buried at Kalama, Cowlitz Co., WA.
I have no information on Eva Jane.
They had at least two children:
- Vera A., born Jun. 26, 1891, died Oct. 17, 1935; married Arthur Alaston Dickinson on oct. 22, 1911 in Kalama, Cowlitz Co. She married a second time to Charles Hadley Scott, but I have no additional information.
- Darrel Wilbur, born Jun. 23, 1901. No additional information.
Green was the 8th of at least nine children to be born to Thomas and Luciller. His siblings were:
- Ghoalson S., born May 23, 1840, died Mar. 15, 1875
- Mary Eleanor, born Feb. 17, 1842, died unknown
- Emily J., born Dec. 19, 1843, died Dec. 16, 1860
- Sidney J., born Jan. 27, 1845, died Oct. 21, 1867
- John J. Harden, born Feb. 23, 1847, died Apr. 1, 1852
- Sarah L., born Mar. 5, 1850, died Jun. 20, 1852
- Elizabeth Fannie, born Sep. 7, 1853, died Apr. 9, 1905
- Aurora Ann, born Mar. 23, 1858, died Sep. 20, 1859
Please contact me if you have corrections or additional family information.
Click on the title link to reach the company webpage.
Brochure, created c1980s, courtesy Lorie Okel