Lincoln Sherman Coffey was the 16th of the 17 children born to Jesse H. Buchanan and Lucinda Dorcas Burpo Coffey. He was born Apr. 2, 1865 in Alanthus Grove, Gentry Co., MO, and died on Jan. 28, 1933 in Fair Twp., Platte Co., MO. He married Emma A. Gunter c1889 in (probably) Missouri. Emma was born in Missouri in Feb., 1871 and died in Feb., 1941 in Platte Co., MO.
Lincoln and Emma were the parents of at least eight children:
- Holt, born Aug. 2, 1891 in Alanthus Grove, died Jan., 1964 in Missouri. Holt married Maud [LNU] and had at least once child, Clarence, born c1915. He registered for the WW1 draft on Jun. 5, 1917 in Platte Co. and was described as being of medium height and build with blue eyes and brown hair. At that time he was married and the father of two children.
- Ward, born Jul. 19, 1892 in Alanthus Grove, died Mar., 1968 in Missouri. He was married to Ina Marie Jacks on Dec. 20, 1915 in Missouri. Ina was born Nov. 12, 1896 in Platte Co. They had at least one child, Claude B., born c1917 in Missouri. Ward also registered for the WW1 draft on Jun. 5, 1917 in Platte Co. He was a 24-yr. old self-employed farmer with a wife and child. He too had blue eyes and light brown hair.
- Glenn, born Oct. 20, 1895 in Missouri, died Oct. 16, 1975 in Los Angeles Co., CA. He married Gay R. [LNU], who was born Sep. 6, 1896 in Kansas and died Jun. 5, 1961 in Los Angeles Co., CA. He and Gay had at least one child, a daughter Nada, born c1916.
Lincoln's other children for which I have little information were:
- Dorcus, born Feb., 1897
- Oliver Franklin, born Jul. 4, 1899, died Jun. 1976 in Arizona. He registered for the WW1 draft on Sep. 12, 1918 in Platte Co., MO. He was of medium height and build with blue eyes and light colored hair. Oliver resided in Smithville, Clay Co., MO where he was a farmer employed by his brother Ward. He named his mother Emma of St. Clair, MO as his nearest relative.
- Alvin G., born c1900
- Zell, born Apr. 21, 1903 in St. Clair Co., MO, died Mar., 1983 in Lawrence Co., MO.
- Marvin, born c1908
Please contact me with additions and/or corrections.