Pages

July 7, 2008

Aaron Roosevelt Coffey

Aaron Roosevelt Coffey was born Oct. 25, 1907 in Rufus, Caldwell Co., NC to Henry Kelly (Caleb) and second wife, Julia Emma Stansberry Coffey.  Henry was the son of James Asbury and Chainey Gragg Coffey.

Aaron married Nellie Bell Critcher c1928 in North Carolina and died by suicide on Aug. 29, 1951.  He was buried in the John Critcher Cemetery in Boone, Watauga Co., NC on Aug. 30, 1951.  Nellie was born c1910 but I have not yet determined who her parents were.  She likely remarried after the death of Aaron.


I have one child for them:  Nellie Louise, born Mar. 22, 1929.

Aaron was buried in the John Critcher Cemetery in Boone. 


2 comments:

Sherry Gray - Kunkle said...

I am Sherry Gray Kunkle .. I am the great great grand daughter of Henry Kelly Coffey & his 1st wife Sarah Jane Gragg. I am also the great great great grand daughter of James Asbury Coffey married to Chaney Gragg. I have a few old photos one of Henry Kelly Coffey & Sarah Jane Gragg . I have the death Cert for Chaney Gragg Id like to share if interested ? I have alot of different family info I would share also and my grand mom is still with us in Watauga Co NC she will be 90, 22 Oct .. Her mother was Dartha Jane Coffey married to James Blaine Phillips. Thanks Sherry

Jack Coffee said...

Hi Sherry: Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your comments and offer and would be glad to receive anything that you have that will improve or expand the genealogy of this family.

Take a look here and let me know if the photos, etc. you have are different from the ones that I have received from others.

Also, keep an eye open for errors and/or omissions.

Thanks!

Jack


http://coffeycousins.blogspot.com/search?q=Henry+Kelly+%22Caleb%22