Pages

February 4, 2014

The Coffey Cousins' Newsletter


In addition to this blog, I am also the editor of The Coffey Cousins' newsletter, published quarterly.  If you are not familiar with it, take a read of the the last few editions published since responsibility for it "fell" into my lap.  Begin reading with Issue 125 and you'll learn how that happened.

I really would like to have blog readers also become newsletter readers.  You can learn in Issue 126 how to get automatic notices when new issues become available and, how to access all previous issues on line.  You can also subscribe to a print version.  Rate for that is $15/year.

It isn't always easy for me to come up with meaningful info for the newsletter.  I do not like to publish obituaries and, those are mostly what people send.  I prefer instead to write a bit of someone's family history and to publish some of their photos alongside.

Your ancestor does not have to be one that rode a mule from Maine to Washington state or, was a great hunter/explorer.  All of our ancestors are important people.  Without them, none of us would be here.  So, honor them with a short (or, long) story!  You don't have to be a professional writer.  Use me as an example.  I just type, use a period at the end of a sentence and insert a comma now and then.

So, if you have family information that you would like to share, with or without photos, send it to me in an e-mail, outlined the way you would like to see it in print and I will include it in the next newsletter.  If you would like to have it in the March issue, please get it to me by the end of February.  Otherwise, it will have to be held until June.

If you have MS Word, you can send it a .doc file.  I use Word to build the newsletter but, I cannot use Word Perfect, or any other word processor files.  If you don't have MS Word, a plain text file will be OK.

Finally, thanks to all of you who wrote and asked to be included as a reader when the blog went private.

  Jack

No comments: