Pages

June 20, 2006

My Military Web Pages

In the "early days" when I first began to post family and other research information on the web, I used the free pages offered at Tripod.com. Recently however, Tripod has gone overboard with pop-up ads and other distractions making it an extremely harassing website. Therefore, I have begun to move some of my pages from Tripod to Roots Web.

The link to The Men and Women of WW2 from Webster Parish contains all of the names found in the book of the same name. It does NOT contain all of the names of those men and women from that parish who served; only those that chose (and paid) to have their names and photographs published. The photographs do not scan well, but should any reader find a relative there I will scan and send the photograph.

The link to The Red Ryder contains the story - as I have researched it - of loss of the crew of that B24 bomber during WW2. My wife's youngest uncle was one of the crew members.

The final link is a listing of the cadre and trainees in my 1959 US Army basic training company at Fort Jackson, SC.

These pages can be viewed here.

No comments: