March 21, 2007
Henry (Pat) Coffey
Henry (Pat) Coffey was born Oct. 18, 1878 in Grainger Co., TN, a son of Samuel (Sam) and Martha Wolfe Coffey. Henry died Dec. 3, 1964 in Grainger Co.
He was first married to Dossie Allen and fathered at least three children:
- Everett (Elbert), born Jan. 4, 1901, died Dec. 28, 1974. Everett married Levia Lois Dalton on Jul. 3, 1925 in Grainger Co. Their son Thea married Stella May Coffey, daughter of Nathaniel and Pearlie Dalton Coffey.
- Milan Coffey, born May 2, 1903, died Nov. 10, 1919
- Martha May Coffey, born Sep. 22, 1905, died Jun., 1969
Henry married second to Emeline McDaniel c1908 in Grainger Co. Emeline was born Feb. 13, 1890 in TN and died Mar. 20, 1920 in Grainger Co. Their children were:
- Effie, born c1910
- John W., born Aug., 1915, married Mary Tennessee White. I know of one child, a son, Billy Samuel, born c1939, died Nov. 28, 2005.
- Mary Lee, born Sep 17, 1917, died May 30, 1989 in Tazewell, Claiborne Co., NC. She married Carl Dalton, born Nov. 7, 1912, died Jan. 24, 1964 in Rutledge, Grainger Co., TN
Henry's third wife was Cornelia (Nelia) Harville who he married Dec. 24, 1925 in Grainger Co. I have no other information about this union.
Please e-mail additions and corrections.