Hezekiah was the son of Samuel Curtis and Sally Coffey. Sally, born c1784, was a daughter of Reuben and Sarah (Sally) Scott Coffey. Hezekiah married his second cousin, Celia Coffey, a daughter of William and Annie Boone Coffey.
Celia was born Jun. 29, 1813 in Burke Co., NC and died Jul. 12, 1899 in Wilkes Co. She and Hezekiah were married in Wilkes Co., on Dec. 26, 1833. Seven children were born to the union with all but one surviving to become adults.
- Larkin, born Apr. 29, 1835, died May 10, 1864
- Darcus, born c1836, died young
- Judson, born Apr. 2, 1837 and died May 1, 1926. Judson married twice, first to Rhoda Hancock on Oct. 8, 1868 in Wilkes Co., and second, to Mrs. Mollie Coffey. I have no clue who Mollie was, or the name of her Coffey husband.
- Julia, born Jan. 26, 1839, died Feb. 15, 1901. Julia apparently never married. She appeared as a single woman in the Jun. 1900 census with her widower father, and her unmarried sister Martha.
- Finley Patterson, born May 20, 1841, died Aug. 26, 1922. Finley married Selma Rosenblatt on May 21, 1884 in TN. She was born Nov. 2, 1861 in Greene Co., TN, and died Dec. 12, 1929 in TN. Their children were Annie Boone; Carrie Emma; Fred Grover; Haschel Irvin; J. Kathleen; Finley Patterson; William Bryan, and Selma.
- Caroline L. (Carrie), born Nov. 26, 1843 in Wilkes Co., died Jun. 24, 1893. She married William Columbus Coffey on Mar. 10, 1866. William was the son of McCaleb and Elizabeth Collett Coffey. Caroline and William had at least two children: Edgar Stuart, born Jul., 1867, died Aug. 30, 1925; and Thomas Finley, born Nov. 9, 1868, died Aug. 3, 1926. After Carrie died, William married Ada Elizabeth Worth, the widow of James Shelton Penn.
- Martha Gertrude, born Aug. 23, 1848, died Jan. 20, 1931. Martha never married, and appeared as a single woman in the household with her widower father in the 1900 Wilkes Co. census.
Additions and/or corrections can be sent to me here.